Andrea's Photo Gallery - Spain 1997
We spent this year's vacation in Spain, travelling from Madrid to Guadalupe, Trujillo, Cáceres, Alcantara, Mérida, Sevilla, Cádiz, Conil de la Frontera, Tarifa, La Linea de la Concepción, Gibraltar, Fuengirola, Granada, Ronda, Olvéra, Córdoba, Almagro, Aranjuez and finally Segovia.
Obviously, since we travelled with just one camera, you will find a very similar photo gallery at Klaus' pages.
- Nuestra Señora de la Almudena Cathedral
- Palacio Real
- Andrea and Klaus
- Klaus at Plaza de Oriente
- Templo de Debod, originally located in Assuan, Egypt
- Arco de la Victoria, the entrance to the university district
On the road - rio Tajo
In the first week of September, Guadalupe turns into an impressive pilgrimage site, book your room well in advance (we know better now :-)).
- Ceramics sign
- Monasterio 1
- Monasterio 2
- Monasterio 3
- "Man spricht Deutsch" (for those who know Polt)
- Andrea and Klaus
The name is derived from the Arabic word "al quantara", referring to the impressive Roman bridge spanning rio Tajo.
For Sevilla, don't bother to get a map. You will soon get lost anyway. For a nice breakfast or world-famous tapas, try Giralda near the Cathedral. On the way to Plaza Nueva, be sure to stop by at El Atun for excellent food and friendly service (and sometimes a warm welcome from a big white dog).
- Santa María Cathedral and Giralda tower
- View on Santa María Cathedral
- A bell of the Giralda tower
- Panoramic view
- Tourists! 1
- Torre del Oro
- Klaus at Plaza de España
- Palacio de España 1
- Palacio de España 2
- Andrea and Klaus on Plaza de España
- The Expo Monument
Tarifa is the very Southern end of the European mainland.
We didn't see the famous monkeys but enjoyed the opportunity to spend a few hours in Great Britain anyway.
Fuengirola, located at sea level, is an ideal resort for English-speaking tourists. Enjoy your dinner at Restaurante Oscar or have a fresh cooked English breakfast at The Cornishmen.
- Cathedral at Gran Vía
- Cathedral at Gran Vía interior 1
- Cathedral at Gran Vía interior 2
- In the Alhambra gardens
- Alhambra Palace
- Alhambra Palace - Patio de los Leones
- View over Granada
- Monasterio La Cartuja
Aranjuez is famous for a rare delicacy, the fruit of the madroño tree, and for Schilller's "Die schönen Tage in Aranjuez" in "Don Carlos".
Segovia and surroundings
- Roman aqueduct 1
- Roman aqueduct 2
- Cathedral of Segovia
- Clock tower
- With our rental car (we had asked for a small car)
- Alcazar (no this is not Disneyland, this is the real thing)
- Riofrio Castle
If you want to know more about some of the places we have been to in Spain, check out the links below: